The Fort Wayne Community Schools Board of School Trustees recognizes the important relationship of nutritional integrity, physical activity and good health to student academic performance.
The Board supports and encourages efforts locally and nationally to reduce childhood obesity and the related health concerns of diabetes, elevated cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, asthma, joint problems and others.
Fort Wayne Community Schools is committed to providing school environments that promote and protect children's health, well-being, and ability to learn by supporting healthy eating and physical activity.
- Nutrition Standards for Foods in Schools: IOM Report Brief
- Alternatives to Food as a Reward
- Alternatives to Food as a Reward 2
- Alternatives to Food as a Reward 3
- Healthy Celebrations
- Food Free Classroom Ideas
- Healthy School Snacks
- Healthy Snacking for Children
- Creative Fundraising
- Creative Fundraising 2
- PBS Parents
- Blast Off Game
- Nourish Interactive
- Kids Eat Right
- Kids Health
- Action for Healthy Kids
- Alliance for a Healthier Generation
- CDC Healthy Youth
- NASBE Healthy Schools
- We can!
- Body and Mind
- empower me
- Let's Move!
- Center for Science in the Public Interest